Saturday, November 29, 2008

When a common man speaks....

I sit in this Universe,in Earth,in Asia,in India,in Mumbai in the cozy confines of my home on my study table typing this blog like any other inconsequential bug amongst the zillions living and dying on this planet. How much of importance does my life hold??? Say just as a citizen of a country what value is my life?? How important am I to the country?? How important is my vote?? What worth does it hold?? With this thought in mind I went last week to create my voter id. The lack of motivation was countered by the benefit of a permanent photoid proof…that’s all the importance it had for me….

 

And my opinion was reinstated with the absence of planning and organisation at the collector’s office where hordes of people thronged the office to get their names registered…I couldn’t contemplate for what purpose..??? After all who cares why should I spoil an important day to vote for twofaced losers with disgracefully colourful ulterior motives clothed in plain khakis and camoflagued as the meesiah of the underpriviledged commonly known as the politicians of today…..

 

I want to shed light on the mumbai blasts but let me complete my assessment of so-called leaders of the democracy with one goonda,(one of the examples of why people avoid voting) with a tilak on his forehead,folded hands, specks on his eyes and clothed in white who has created a fortress and a genre of hate based politics…I think his party slogan should be “when you don’t have knowledge make use of power”. When I see his image this is what actually comes to my mind… his white clothes grey out his black techniques. his folded hands symbolizing peace hide his hideously atrocious working pattern and his spectacles which elucidate a radical thought process in his mind devoid of logic.

Ladies and Gentlemen aamchya mumbaikar- raj thackerey

 

I do not want to indulge into his cowardliness not to act when it matters or even the intricacies of the massacre in Mumbai it’s there on every nook and cranny of every website…what inspires me is the level of planning and co-ordination that these bunch of militants exemplied. It was an operation of unimaginable perfectness. Right from their mode of transportation, time of landing, resources required, manpower required, their strategic positioning in such a way that a couple inside could withstand hundreds outside. Consider half a score of young brains like you and me, out with a purpose not to attack the world but to spread a message, to instill a fear, to instigate a hatred, to arouse a rebellion and exhibiting the gumption and conviction to achieve their targets. (well not pricesly…thanks to our commendable commandos…any praise in words is just to short….militants were out there to murder 5grand but our gurads could keep the casualty under 500)

 

Anywazs before you jump to conclusions let me clarify I am not commemorating the atrocities and brutality of the militia….their act should be condemned and there are innumerable intellectuals in every news channel suggesting precisely the same- burn them alive, go to war against Pakistan…..but I am not concerned by that cause I am not the one who will be asked if india goes to war or if the captured terrorist is inflicted with a punitive sentence of “hang to death”. I have confidence in the system of this democracy and moreover on the almighty that somehow or the other justice will be granted.

 

But I am concerned that how as an individual, as a tiny insect in this universe can I be a change…I started out saying that I am worthless…but look at those dozen who infiltrated our country they had a dream they had a vision and they accomplished it. If they can accomplish it although their’s was a negative purpose then definitely I can as an individual have a positive impact. Moreover I would like to draw inpiration from our ancestors who have alwazs preached that “always follow of truth because eventually good superceeds all evil”. It’s just that evil is like the chocolate icecream that we obese citizens invariably gulp although we are provided with the bitter option of karela juice in the form of good….bitter it may be but it’s the right way to go.small term benefits are so glamorous that we lose focus and diverge our aim and associate in wrong shortcuts provided by life.

 

People around me are saying…why should I vote whom should I vote for I would rather not vote….there is no promising candidate to vote for…. I condemn their line of thought… When you are provided with the power to elect your leader, when you are given the sword to fight although we as voters have a different battlefield but that’s when we sit behind our armours inside the confines of our bunkers stating that I am better of defending than attacking. Are we so weak that we lose hope and just sit saying that we don’t have any obama to vote for so we wont vote….why cant you be the obama….why cant I be the obama…..make yourself count when it matters and this is coming from the keyboard of a lazy young and directionless individual who till last week didn’t even have a voter’s id….If  such an incident cant change you then you are so thickskinned then nothing ever will…if you are literate enough to read and understand my blog then you will very well understand that you will live and die the life of a perfect illiterate who studied so much that he reserved his knowledge only for criticism , to despise the type of candidates available at our disposal to vote for, only to crib about the state of the state…only a voice among the zillion…..

 

I believe that just like that terrorist if I plan, if I have a direction if I have the platform then I will make my existence count atleast when it matters….my vote wont count among a zillion but when hundreds or thousands like me decide to vote then it will count, we will make it count. And I am not preaching that vote to be an alert citizen…you,me everyone is alert,aware, sensible and prudent there is no lacking this aspect in a metro like mumbai but I am saying vote so that 5 years later you do not live to see and regret another 26/11 blaming the government that they cannot provide you security..if you don’t vote then you don’t have any right to blame anyone cause you not only shrugged off the responisiblity of an aware citizen but you renounced the sole right you had being in a democracy like us.

 

Remember they can destroy property,they can demolish infrastructure....but they cant touch us...they cant touch our spirit...immedately a day later like a wounded tiger Mumbai resusciates, with a renewed vigour....to punce on its prey rather than being the victim and this time with a spirit a unified voice...not to wait for the change but be the change....Dont lose hope mumbai....its our campaign against world terrorism...we raise our heads and proclaim resoundingly "YES WE CAN"

 

11 comments:

Rushin Shah said...

Hey,
That is an absolutely brilliant way of depicting your thoughts. The post is really wonderful to read.

Hope you inspire a lot of "responsible" citizens of this nation of ours.

Keep writing... :-)

Unknown said...

Hey,
That was a nice read.
Not only does good supersede all evil but also, positive forces attract positives with double the energy of the negative or so say the laws of the universe.

Inspiring indeed. Maybe i'll vote this year, maybe 26/11 will happen again..5 years down the line, but i doubt it'll change the contempt i have for the politicians as always.

bookmarking ur blog.Hope u keep writing wit the same zeal. :)

Shaily said...

heyyyyyyyyy....im in love with this blog already...brilliant post n awesome work...u write really really well...am totally lookin forward to know more abt the writer in you! :)

And yea I get the msg...I shall be the responsible citizen and go to vote...unlike wat i said impulsively! Great inspiration bro...proud of u!!! :)

harsh said...

Thats the way ruchir.Already 2 voters convinced.Change will take time as we know but the more important fact is we tried.It will work.I am starting to believe"YES WE CAN"...

siddharth shah said...

Hey Ruchir,

What u'v written perfectly captures the mind of the common man, and going a step further provides asolution to his questions. Great work!!!

We'r with you all the way.. Always der.. N I am sure, we'l all vote, nd thanks for being the torchbearer or change.. YES WE CAN!!

Ruchir said...

thanks a lot guys...for your overwhelming response your comments inspire me to write more

Ujjwal said...

Very well expressed Ruchir.

As we have been discussing, unless the enemy within each individual is killed, we will have to continue to rely on fate till we confront the enemy from without.

Whether people like it or not, we will have to sacrifice certain pleasures of life to create a more responsible polity.

The question remains, how many are willing to go ahead...

Till we don't face a bullet, we always have a choice afterall.

Henali said...

Hey,
An exellent thought and brilliantly put forth!!!

I completely agree with what u have written.. yes i will vote.. if accept my form.. n yea its time we accept our own responsibilities..
Keep writing... :)

Shaily said...

can we have post no. 2 please? waitin eagerly for it! :)

Unknown said...

Hey , commendable writing skills.

Really liked the part which says that the intellectuals only criticize.

Completely agree with your view on the voting issue. Hoping Indians follow the motto - "Elect & Engage" instead of "Elect & Forget".

Awaiting your next post :)

Anuj :) said...

Buddy,

Super post :)Thought provoking & inspiring!

Best,
Anuj :)